Wearing of contact lenses
If you use contact lenses it is very important to take care of them properly and follow the recommendations of professional ophthalmologist. It is not difficult and will not take more than 10 - 15 minutes a day, but at the same time this procedure will completely eliminate the risk of various eye diseases (it is also a good prophylaxis).
If you decided to take care of your contact lenses you need to purchase special containers and solutions. Never use running water or any other unsuitable liquids for moistening or for storage of contact lenses (otherwise it can cause serious injury of eye cornea, such as Acanthamoeba keratitis). Cleanness is another important condition for safe use of contact lenses. Do not touch contact lenses until you wash your hands with soap thoroughly. Before you put on or take off your contact lenses, make sure that there are no nutritious, moistening or other skin care products on your hands.
If you wear contact lenses you should adhere to the following rules:
- Daily mode of wearing (not more than 10 hours a day) is the most harmless and comfortable for your eyes. But if you have just started to use contact lenses for eyesight correction you should not hurry – 2,5 – 3 hours are quite enough for the first day of wearing. Then you can gradually increase the time of wearing;
- You should apply your makeup only after you put on your contact lenses;
- During the wearing period you contact lenses will inevitably become dirty, and so it is very important to clean and disinfect them with the help of special solutions, that was recommended you by professional ophthalmologist;
- If you wear contact lenses constantly, you have to use special rewetting drops sometimes (also called as "artificial tears");
- You should put on and take off your contact lenses only in front of the mirror. Hands must be washed and wiped with a towel that does not leave lint on them. Nails also must be trimmed and filed neatly to eliminate the possibility of microtraumas of eye cornea;
- If you noticed inflammation on your eyes, you should immediately stop using them and consult with professional ophthalmologist. You can continue to wear your contact lenss only after full recovery;
- You should not go to the bath-house or sauna without taking off your contact lenses. Also it is not recommended to take a bath, shower, swim in the pool or in any reservoirs with contact lenses on. But if you forgot to take off your contact lenses (or did not do it for any reason), you should replace contaminated pair of contact lenses with sterile as soon as you leave water.